Thursday, January 07, 2010

Forgive me Blogger, for I have strayed

It has been a really, really, really long time since my last post. But in my defense, I have written something over here, and a little something over here, and also took some time to complete my career's work.*

Since I'm not technically on the train, let me think up a story of something that has happened on it since we last met. Oh, I've got one. (see how quickly that happened, New York MTA, I tell ya) One snowy snowy morning I was riding the 6 (gasp at foreign trainline) home from the Upper East (gasp again at foreign neighborhood). I'll be honest, everything was a little foggy, I was wearing faux-rubberized pants (never good before 10am) and in desperate need of a mocha and an asprin. Yet, because I am civilized, I was blocking out the surrounding tourists and general happenings of the first car by listening to the soothing sounds of my iPod and reading a very in depth Law Journal (true story, I swear). Because of the aformentioned conditions, I was not paying attention to the homeless woman in worse shape than myself fending off other passnegers a mere 10 feet from me. As I looked up to see what all the commotion was about, I see the homeless (smelly) woman in my blind spot about to clock me WITH HER BROKEN SNEAKER. If it were not for her stench forwarning me of the impending blow, I would have been a goner.

This is why you should never ride the 6. The end.

*Note: "complete" might be the wrong word. "start" might be the right one.

No comments: